Pack o'Cards InnHigh Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Legend has it that in 1690, after a large win at a game of cards, George Ley commemorated the event by having a new house built symbolising the features of a pack of cards. It has four floors, to represent the four suits, thirteen rooms for the number of cards in a suit, fifty two windows, fifty two stairs and was supposedly built on an area measuring fifty two feet square and signified the number of cards in a pack. It became an inn early in the nineteenth century (about 1822) and was known as the King's Arms and on the 1st June 1933 the name was changed to the Pack o' Cards. The pub now offers quality en-suite accommodation and in the garden there is a large playground for children and is within 10 minutes walk to the sea. Meal times: